Friday 2 August 2013

Girls weekend at Byron

My girlfriends and I spent the weekend at Byron last weekend and I honestly forgot how much I love the place! I love the happy people, beautiful scenery and zen way of life.
We stayed in the most beautiful refurbished "old dairy" in the hinterland of Byron Bay, that was the cutest place I have seen in a long time.

Very much want to take Hudson and Jeff here soon - I don't know if he would know what to do with all the open space. 

Whilst away Jeff and Allen (our cabinet maker) had installed the kitchen island, as soon as I saw it I squealed with delight.  It's even more beautiful and perfect than I imagined, and now can't wait to get the remaining in.
We are now hunting down some marble for the tops and knobs/handles for the drawers.  Love this kitchen from verandah house - might contact them about sourcing some handles like these...
Other than the above I have basically been kept busy setting up more nooks around the house, j constantly says "stop buying pretty things and but stuff we actually need like timber and concrete blend" (for the driveway) - but where's the fun in that!!!

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous spot in Byron Bay! And I love all the pretties in your home. I can't wait to see your completed kitchen. It's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your island looks amazing already even without the top and love seeing these snippets of your gorgeous house. The place you stayed in Byron looks so cute, love the pink pedestal vanity. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mel I get so excited to see your posts to so much progress - very thrilling!!! The place we stayed was very reasonable prices too only $160 a night - it's called the old dairy and on Facebook if you wanna look it up - her style reminded me of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it is very much my kind of house from the pics you shared! Cannot wait to pretty up Betsy- she is a grotty dusty dirt pit at present. mel x

      Delete
  4. Pretties are what makes a house a home! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought I would reply back here- our stonemason is coordinated through the kitchen company. However when we first started researching marble we stumbled onto a stonemason near SNB stone- they are called Designer Stone and I think it was Jamie who was enormously helpful and explained alot and showed us his work space- he really seemed to know his stuff so perhaps contact him. We would have used him except the kitchen company like to use their regular guys and we did not want to rock the boat. Look at designerstoneqld.com.au- hope this helps. mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much mel ill look them up xxx

      Delete
  6. Only just started reading your blog but love the house. Was just wondering where the outdoor cane setting is from (even though I am 1 1/2 years late to the party)?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete