Thursday 31 January 2013

What makes the perfect Play Room???

I have been thinking about the best way to kit out Huddy's Play Room.  I like the idea of all his toys (well most of them) living in a Play Room that way when we put him to bed in his bedroom he will have less things to hop out of bed and play with.  I love the simplicity of this room and am obsessed with the wall unit but am unsure if I can convince J to built me something similar...
here's a similar built in book shelf:
I love how all the beautiful front cover book art is on display - to me it makes the books look far more enticing rather than just having them staked up spines out!

I have seen some people use Ikea Spice Racks to create something similar and we did this in our last house so I guess we could probably just do this again...



Either way I definitely want to have something along these lines in Huddy's Play Room.

In other news... whilst running my morning errands consisting of kindy drop off, bunnings, woolies etc etc I found an amazing old chair on the side of the road similar to this but in far less glamorous material... Anyone know any cheap chair re-upholsterers???



2 comments:

  1. I do agree about the books - I love to see the covers too. Our library shelving includes an inclined display shelf for that very reason. Looks like we've both scored well on the kerbside. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reupholstered an armchair I found on the nature strip a few houses down :) first time I'd tried something on that scale and yet it worked out beautifully. Have a go, I'm sure you'll be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete